Sunday, November 4, 2012

November 4th: Birthday Month Celebration #4

This may seem weird to most people...
But I volunteer because it makes me feel good.
I like it, and I do it for myself.
(Others just happen to benefit from it as well)
So today - was my first day back at The American Red Cross since before I started working (Which is almost 2 years ago).

I was there from 7am - 10:30am and out of the 10 or so scheduled whole blood donors, only 2 showed up, plus 1 walk in plus half a dozen platelette donors.  It was a pretty quiet day, which Im thankful for - for my first day back at it :)


 I drew this when I volunteered before - so over two years ago - and it was still on the check in desk.  LOVE that.

I had dinner at my parents house - which was the real intended Birthday Month Celebration... my Mom made my favorite... FLANKSTEAK!!! And cucumber salad! Yum!  It was so good.
And the potatoes... were perfect ;)
Thank you Mom and Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment