Friday, October 26, 2012

October 26th: Random Act of Kindness

So, today I wasnt quite sure I was going to get to complete a RAOK, and man did it bother me, LOL
I was going to leave a cute little journal type notepad with a pen on a neighbors door who has a teenage daughter... but it had a picture of a skull and crossbones on it.  It was pink, with hearts and bows and super cute... but then I thought what if they have beliefs where skulls are bad... you never know - so I felt bad and didnt do that.

Then I was going to leave a big tip for a meal I had at Stonefire Grill, IF the service was good.  Well, you order in line, then sit down and they just bring you your food.  Our person never came back to our table, they never told us where to fill our water cups and that we had to get our own silverware... we had to get our own to-go boxes because we saw where they were and not a single person ever returned to our table... so that idea was out the window.  Im actually bummed I even left a tip when I ordered which I think is a HORRIBLE way of asking for it.  Leave a tip before youve even had any service.

I was going to give two kids in line in front of us some Sponge Bob stickers, but I thought there was only one sheet... nothing was working!  I honestly was sad about it.  While eating, I took a minute and figured out there was more than one sheet of stickers... so I stopped eating, and I got up and walked to the table where those boys were and asked if they like Spong Bob.  They said yes, and their Mom had gotten up to do something, and she busted me just as I gave them the stickers.  LOL  She thought it was so nice, and asked if they thanked me and I said yes and walked away quickly.

As they were leaving, she thanked me again and she said, "We will definitely pay it forward" and I am not exaggerating, I got THE biggest chills.  I got teary eyed as well, because I loved hearing that.  It truly was awesome.  I dont really like the ones where people know its me doing it - I want to do it anonymously when possible... but it was so nice of her to say that, and it truly made my frustrating day of trying to get my RAOK of kindness out there, the perfect RAOK afterall.  


2 comments:

  1. I think all the other mishaps on what you had planned for the day were meant to be so that you could do this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I was seriously upset I had no idea what to do... and I was glad the stickers had more than one page, I didnt want to give two kids on page of stickers. I got nervous at first because the kid looked at me like STRANGER DANGER (which is fine, lol) so I got all worked up, ha ha!!! But I seriously got HARD chills when they left and she said they would pay it forward. I turned my whole attitude around. This has been SO fun - Ive decided to do it in December again :)

      Delete