Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My first get together with my Mentee...

Ive been so busy starting my Random Acts of Kindness in October, that I realized I didnt update about my first get together with my Mentee.
We went to the Santa Ana Zoo.
We just walked around, she really wanted to see the monkeys - and thats the main animal they have at this zoo... so it worked out perfect :)  Its a very small zoo... so after about 2 hours we were done.  We had some lunch and talked for another hour... then decided to head out.  I was tired (still having a reaction from my antibiotic)... and I felt sort of bad because she didnt have anywhere to be for another 4 hours, so I think she wanted to hang out a little bit longer.  I also felt bad because she mentioned she had some questions on her paperwork she is filling out for transitional housing in Orange County.  I asked her after the fact (yesterday or the day before) if she would like some help with it - and she said yes.  
I am waiting to hear from her if Saturday or Sunday works better this weekend - but I text her this morning seeing if she wants to go with me Sunday to a Fall Festival that my boss gave me some ride tickets and free dinner tickets for, so that would be ideal.
Hopefully that works out, then I can help her with the paperwork and get that put in for approval.
We talked about family, some of her siblings, and a few other things... it was nice to sit and talk.  Hopefully she had a good time.
Here are some pictures from the day.
I had to block out her face as I am not allowed to share pictures of her, requested by Orangewood.
They said Facebook, but I will honor it anywhere.

We rode the train....
 Choo Choo!
 I loved these pumpkins...
 Oh, HAI!
 Cute little turtle, just hanging out...
 This was so peaceful looking to me...
 These pretty birds are just out in the open, no nets, free to roam...
 This monkey was our favorite... we called him Old Man Monkey...
 This monkey and I bonded.  He looked SO sad, so I kept asking him why he looked so sad, and he was staring at me the whole time... it really was cute.
 Cool lookin little dude...
 And here we are  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment