Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Kernels of Kindness: NEGU Jessie Rees Foundation

I have followed the Jessie Rees Foundation Facebook page for some time now, and what they are doing is WONDERFUL.


https://www.facebook.com/JessieReesFoundation?ref=br_tf

I bought some items off of their list of hospital approved items for their Joy Jars, and I contacted Kristy and decided to drop the items off tonight, and I saw the toy factory.  I met Diana and she took me around and showed me everything. 

This place is AMAZING.  It made me overwhelmingly happy and sad at the same time.  It made me so happy because a 12 year old girl with a dream is still, in her memory, sending SO many children with cancer so much support with her Joy Jars.  It made me so sad, because... there are so many children with cancer.  There are so many pictures on the wall that just made my heart sad.  I cant get the picture of the child asleep in their hospital bed with their arm around their Joy Jar out of my head.  This organization is INCREDIBLE and I am so thankful I got to do a little tiny bit to help them out and it makes my heart smile to know I was able to shop and donate items that will make a child with cancer smile one day soon.





#KernelsOfKindness

No comments:

Post a Comment