Monday, September 23, 2013

21 Days of Kindness Challenge: Day 13

Day 13:  Connect with a stranger.

Really, the only thing I can say I did that is remotely close to this, today... is I smiled at a stranger, and she literally did a double take at me, because I think she was surprised... And she gave me a huge smile back.  It was awesome.

Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change. -- Bob Kerrey 

Day 13: Connect With A Stranger

The Idea: Today's challenge involves going beyond your usual circles and engaging with someone you don't know very well. Maybe you will invite a new colleague to coffee or lunch, or make an effort to talk to someone at your school who seems lonely. Maybe you will strike up a conversation with the person next to you on the bus or the subway, or spend time connecting with someone who is on the street. The idea is to simply broaden your circle of caring in a small but heartfelt way. To step-it-up, actively send silent good wishes towards everyone who crosses your path and notice how this simple practice changes the quality of your day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment