Friday, September 21, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness in October

I have decided to make the month of October "Random Act of Kindness" month for me.

I have spent a lot of time this week coming up with things I can do... and I am close to 31, if not past it.  I have spent my evenings starting to get everything ready.  It has been so much fun. Putting together little bags, making labels for some items, gluing my Random Acts of Kindness notes on everything... shopping for a few things... I really am excited for this!

Ive also decided I am going to blog daily about the RAOK that I did that day.  I think it will be fun to have and go back and look at.
I will make a blog post, and post pictures hopefully each day.  Mostly it will just be a picture of the item, since most of them I plan to do anonymously... but there are a few that I will own up to, which includes a special gift for a friend, a trip to a local firehouse and a couple others.  The rest I want to do for strangers, and the best part is not being around to receive a thank you, or get anything in return.  I am doing it strictly to make someones day better, hopefully.

I have paid for someones food behind me a few times in the drive thru... and I have had it done to me one time - and Im not kidding you, I immediately started crying and felt so humbled, I almost lost my appetite to where I couldnt eat... it was so nice to have it done and such an amazing, random happy feeling - to know I have made someone else feel like that - was incredible.  That is why I want to take the entire month of October to just put a smile on someones face, somewhere.  
I will probably involve a few coworkers but they will be those who are not on my Facebook so they hopefully dont know where the items came from.  :)

Come on October... I am SO ready to start this project! 

1 comment: