Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Let the mentoring begin....

I met my mentee today.  Her name is Desiree and she is 18.
She recently moved about an hour and a half away - which the caseworker did not know... so I may only see her once a month or so.  She is down in Orange County for school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday... I work 8-5 and she has school 5-8... bummer.  Hopefully it will work out where we can hang out on a weekend - like I said, once a month or so.  She drives, so thats good - if she isnt coming down here, perhaps we can meet in the middle.

She is very nice, very easy to talk to... seems we have some of the same interests - so I am really looking forward to starting this fun adventure.  We both have a lot going on this weekend, she is celebrating her fiances birthday, and I will be sleeping after my tooth surgery... and she has a lot of appointments next week - but hopefully we can get something set up in the next couple weeks.  I am trying to think of something fun we can do for our first meeting... to get to know each other.  I was thinking maybe a picnic in the park... not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment