Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mercy House Cold Weather Armory Shelter Donation

Today I went around and picked up lots of clothing to be donated to this shelter. I also shopped the last few days with money people sent... Buying toiletries, gloves, beanies... I had so much fun. By the time I was done today, my trunk and entire back seat were at max capacity.

My friend Tina came with me to drop everything off. She handed out gloves to the people already waiting in line to be let into the shelter when it opened. That made me smile. She had one guy ask for black gloves which was kind of funny... But we found him some black ones.

It was an amazing feeling to drop everything off knowing many people will be warm thanks to everyone's generous donations. Thank you!!!

My full trunk...
My back seat, completely packed solid
Everything inside the Armory...
I am still collecting items!  Toiletries (travel sizes are preferred), razors, shaving cream, feminine products, socks, shoes (hiking boots, uggs), new underwear in packages, gloves, beanies, jackets, sweatshirts, pants... CASUAL clothing - warmth being the key, not style.

No comments:

Post a Comment