Saturday, August 2, 2014

RAOK: August 2nd "Breakfast" and "School Supplies"

This morning I was having a quick breakfast at Brueggers... I had so much to do... but wanted to sit down and eat instead of eating in my car on my way to my errands.

I overheard an older woman ask the two guys sitting at the table if she could join them, and that she hates eating alone.  One got up to go into CVS and the other sat there on his phone.  She finally asked if she was bothering him.  She pointed at me, and said she should have sat with me, and bothered me.

When the two guys left, I got up and went and sat with her.
I didnt want her to have to finish her meal, eating alone.
I learned who were regulars every Saturday, that she thought my hot sauce on my breakfast wrap was disgusting, she already had oatmeal for breakfast, she hated bagels (even though she was eating one) and that her friend stood her up for meeting her at CVS.  We had a nice little chat.  :)



I also stopped and picked up some school supplies to donate to The Jewelry Box of Lake Forest for their collection they are doing to help local kids through Outreach.
They are offering 10% off jewelry and watch repairs with any donation... but I forced myself to run out without shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment