Sunday, August 11, 2013

RAOK August 11: Thank You Firefighters!

Of all the times I see firetrucks in the parking lot when I am shopping... and firemen outside of their stations... None were to be found today!

I asked my friend Melissa to drive past the fire station by my house, twice.  They were all outside yesterday, this should have been easy.  NOPE!

We went by another fire station after a few errands, and nope, no one was outside there either.
I said, QUICK, pull up there, I need to just do this.

I jumped out of the car, rang the doorbell and waited.
A fireman answered, and I said, "I just wanted to drop off this little basket to say Thank You for what you do"
He just stared at me, I think he was shocked.
I said, "Have a great day" and walked away as he said Thanks.

Im always anxious when I have to do face to face RAOKs....
But, seriously, they risk their lives for us every single day...
Its the least I could do.

Inside the basket is everything FIRE related I could find :)
(And a Chicken Soup for the Soul of America)



No comments:

Post a Comment