Monday, January 9, 2012

Mercy House Cold Shelter Delivery, Take 2

My drop off of everything went well today...

It's becoming the norm for me to leave there in tears. Tonight, for the first time this year... I saw kids in the line. I will be honest, a lot of times I look away before I see any. Today it was so crowded I couldn't help it.

I dropped off a lot of stuff and another family was dropping off bags of stuff as well. This weekend I am actually volunteering at the shelter. I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time. It makes me so sad.

This ended up being about half of what I had. (I took the picture then kept collecting before I finally made it over there). I had a bag with a blanket and sleeping bag, another blanket, a few more clothes, some diapers and more toiletries.  I am excited for Sunday, to be inside the Armory and Shelter and to see exactly what these donations are doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment